Monday, June 13, 2011

Vacation or Staycation?

How is it summer time already? I can't believe it. But, I must admit, when the seasons change, I am always ready to pull out my season appropriate wardrobe, and hopefully plan a few weekend getaways.

Although, sometimes staying at home can be just as relaxing and therapeutic.This past weekend, I stored the remainder of my sweaters, jackets, heavy linens, and any other non-summer essentials. I of course, FlipFolded these items and organized them so when I am ready for Fall they will be too.

I have found, over the years after packing and unpacking, that keeping a neat suitcase or duffel bag makes all the difference. I cannot stand when only a few days into my trip, my once neat and organized suitcase is in total disarray. I have found that if I bring a few travel organization essentials, I am much happier when I return home to tackle the task of unpacking. Here are my go-to travel essentials:



- FlipFold Jr or Adult (depending on if I carry-on or check a bag, I will take one of the two in order to keep my folded items crisp & as wrinkle-free as possible).
- Travel Laundry Bag - (For soiled clothes, shoes). I like to keep these items separate from the rest of my goodies.
-Lingerie Bag - I like to place worn lingerie right in this mesh bag, so when I return home, I can just throw it in the wash.
-Jewelry roll from my Flip'N Dazzle- I usually bring a few versatile pieces for a quick trip, and just keep the jewelry roll in my purse or carry-on.
- Clear DryCleaner bags- I like to wrap my hanging items in these to keep them wrinkle-free.
-Dryel-At Home Dry Cleaning Starter Kit- I usually just bring the stain remover pen. But I like being able to take care of any dry-cleaning as soon as I get home.

Do you have any packing/traveling tips or essentials? Please share!

Happy Travels!
Debbee & The FlipFold Team

No comments: