Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Empower Your Children

As a mother of two, I am always trying to think of ways to empower my girls. Whether it was by helping out around the house, learning how to cook, or folding their own laundry, I wanted to make sure they knew the importance of responsibility. Many times while teaching my girls how to stand on their own two feet, I was met with a little push back. But now that they are older they see the value in what I was trying to teach them- and it really did begin with teaching them how to fold their own laundry! Who would have thought! I think they were some of the few co-eds who knew their way around the dorm laundry room.

Please let us know if you have any stories or experiences as to how you are empowering your kids or teaching them how to take responsibility into their own hands!

Happy Folding,
Debbee

No comments: